City Spies - book review

 Hey! For some reason lately I've really been into espionage fiction - and when my Audible credit came up I chose this book. This is also, coincidentally, the first not-fantasy book I've read for a while, and it was nice to take a break from the genre. The cover looked pretty cool and who can miss out on such a diverse cast of main characters? I was not let down by any of it.



City Spies was so fun and thrilling that I made up a joke to describe the ride to my friends. Joke below.

Me: I should really get some sleep. Ten hours at least.

Also me at three in the morning: OMG THIS BOOK IS SO EXCITING SLEEP IS OVERRATED

Yeah. That pretty much sums up the awesomeness of this book. City Spies has characters from all around the world (France, Nepal, Brazil, Australia, and America) and I could not NOT read it. They all range in age as well - twelve to fifteen years old. The stakes are high - although not you're-dead-if-you-don't-do-this-right high - and I was absolutely thrilled by it all.

I liked seeing our main MAIN character, Sara/Brooklyn, being confident. I guess I'd had enough of the cliche that the main character is super insecure, etc. It was also nice to see her fail at things; she wasn't perfect, and I liked that. 

Can't wait for the rest of the series!


Comments

  1. I love the way you described it an i love it EVEN MORE since it look like its in paris and BTW OMGGGGGGGG 2 GIRLS 1 GUY😍😍👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

if you're going to comment, do! I love comments! make sure it isn't anything rude please <3

Popular posts from this blog

Ember Falls - book review

Frozen 2 - movie review

Serafina and the Twisted Staff - book review