City Spies: Golden Gate - book review

 wow this really has turned into a book review blog hasn't it? lol idk what else to say



Anyway, this book went from pretty safe espionage for middle grade to a full blown thriller in like, five chapters. Character dynamics were explored, and done well so - I think I just need more of Brooklyn and Rio + Sydney and Kat.

Shining more light on Sydney's character was a good move. Her...angsty problems were perfectly believable. On a lighter note, I'd decided before reading this that Sydney had a skateboard and I WAS RIGHTTTTTTT 

I think I just need more Rio? I mean he's the only character whose background yet hasn't been shed light on. Hopefully it will be done in the next book. I also kind of wanted Charlotte to make an appearance but she wasn't even mentioned. I wanted a bit more of Kinlock Abbey too.

Yeah, that's all I can say without spoiling anything, so INCOHERENT SPOILERY RANT AHEAD

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

k, now that we've got that out the way, can we all talk about how True is queen and I was cheering her on the entire time

Paris going viral was...so in character for him and absolutely hilarious! 

it's weird how I went from hating Judy to loving her in a matter of two seconds! she was a really minor character, but she really saved Sydney there.

okay, the reveal who Magpie was so unexpected yet made perfect sense. I actually suspected Mother for a bit, although it was a very far-fetched theory. Then I switched to True. Yes, I literally suspected one of my favorite characters.

"you ex-CIA can't get anything right" how I screamed when I heard that

THE ENDING. PERFECTION. SO FLUFFY AND SWEET! MOTHER AND MONTY OFFICIALLY ADOPTING THE KIDS...AAAAAAAAAH IT WAS SO HEARTFELT AND SWEET I- I NEED THE NEXT BOOK RIGHT NOW

and the author really said "I'll stomp into your house, make you believe that the cast will have happiness, and then say that the family member is only Annie's brother, and rip your heart out"

Seriously. I thought that maybe we would have a beautiful reunion but because authors are cruel we don't get one.

Clementine is certainly pretty interesting, I want to know her side of the story so much-

bye I need the next book asap



Comments

  1. Love your choice of words and how well you describe it....will definitely search for series and purchase straight away thanks to your outstanding post....just like the last one plz review stuff more often
    keep up the magnificent work
    -from
    You know who
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey subhana it's me "R" how you doing?
    i see you haven't updated your blog much but hope to catch up sometime <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

if you're going to comment, do! I love comments! make sure it isn't anything rude please <3

Popular posts from this blog

Ember Falls - book review

Frozen 2 - movie review

Serafina and the Twisted Staff - book review